Sunday, September 2, 2012

Washin' Day

I've been happily running in my favourite ball last night. When footsteps are near, I will stop moving and observe. As the footsteps distance away, I am back to my regime again. It is said that hamster can run 4 marathons (1 marathon = approx 42.125km) of human equivalence every night. Hmm... I am definitely working towards that goal. Because of the squeaking wheel, Mama got a scolding upon reaching home :( Apparently my wheel is too noisy in the silent night. *washing face* I mean… that can't be helped right…  What can I do other than running? I am a nocturnal and that’s my favourite wheel we are talking about here. It is some serious business here. 



Mama fed me with some tofu today. Cold cool treat on sunny Sunday. Yummy!



______
Mama Notes:
Today is such a tiring day! There training to be conducted in the zoo for the new eggs, and it is also the PCF family day. PCF = PAP kintergartens. Prime Minister Lee graced the event as well. The zoo was super duper crowded and the weather was mercilessly hot. When the duty was over, not only the humans were tired but the live specimens had also worn out. They were falling off our hands. Even the insects found it a day too rough to handle. My lunch (Nasi bryani) was settled in the zoo as i was super hungry. I guessed my hunger level could be compared to that of a caterpillar. I would give it a 7/10 rating for the Bryani. :) However, it can be quite expensive for the public - $ 8.90. With staff discount, it is $5.75. Definitely pretty worthwhile for a $6 Bryani.

The nicest Bryani I have ever tried is located at 125 Toa PayohLorong 2 coffee shop. If you are there, take the curry fish. I really love that curry. I would usually ask for additional packet of curry to bring home as additional sauce for dinner. The fish is nicely cooked as well. Not over-cooked and therefore it is really tender. For $5.50, you get a huge bowl of rice, some stir fry cabbage, pickles (salad), big piece of fish and lots of curry. Superb!

After I reached home, I changed her bedding. I have stopped using the bathing sand. Those clay based sand will clump and may stick to the hamster fur. As the hamster is cleaning (licking), it may ingest some of those substances and thus causing kidney stones in the long run. If you ever go to House of Chinchilla (HOC) in Serangoon North, please do not buy that sand. I bought it because the lady recommended and it was unscented. Unscented sand is less risky for the hamster. Sometimes they may cause skin allergies. You may VitaKraft Sandy. Pretty common. Even Giant sells it. 

Giant sells it at $10.80


DON'T BUY THIS
I washed Chloe’s cage today too. But I made a boo-boo. Now my cage is full of scratches. I used the wrong side of sponge. Stupid me. Guess I am too tired. After I changed her wheel, Chloe is more or less back to her original self. She is now sleeping soundly. I guess she must have tired herself while roaming around the house just now. One big problem here: Squeaky Wheel. What can I used to oil the wheel?

See the scratches on the cage? *Heartache*
Part with lesser scratches

Back to office work tomorrow. Politics. Can't wait for the weekend to come again


No comments:

Post a Comment