Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chew my way through

Today was just a lazy weekend. I slept through the day in the tunnel. Mama tried to wake me up but i snubbed her and showed my backy :p Sleep is definitely important for a hamster like me who loves to run marathon at night. I love my wheelie and have been working out on it. Chewing is the next favourit past time. Tissue, tunnels, carrots and sticks are just some of my gnawing toys.
_______

Mama's note:
She hasn't been drinking water, but she has peed and I guess that should be fine. 
Given her hamster mix and fresh cauliflower.
I've put the apple sticks into the food mix instead. Thereafter, i removed the sticks and gave some to her. She gladly pulled the stick back into and she started to bite them into pieces.
Tissue may not be a good idea. Saw her 'vomiting out' the seeds and stuffed the tissue instead. Tissue removed.  

Q1: Are apple sticks safe for hamster?
Ans:  Yup they are. You may try the alex brand apple sticks for chinchillas. That’s what I gave her. Jolly gnawing stone may be a good choice too. They are also safe for hamsters to chew. However it depends to a large extent if the hamster is willing to chew on those. If she doesn't, there are always the hard pellets in the food mix that she can trim her teeth on. More info 
Apple Sticks
Q2: How can I make my hamster chew on her apple sticks?
I've left them in the food mix so that they smell like food and perhaps that's the reason she is receptive towards the sticks
Other methods



  

No comments:

Post a Comment