Saturday, August 25, 2012

New beginning

On the eventful day of 24th Aug, I became part of a new family. With my 1st mama, I was naughty and bullied the younger one. In order for both of us to be happy, my environment was changed. I was bored and like to space out. Below are pictures of me going into deep thought

Hanging in mid air


I guess I'm a good gymnast
Mama then bought back some new stuff for me to play. She got me a wheel. A really big one. I enjoy running on it :) Mama also gave me some apple sticks, but i guess those sticks aren't friends of mine
_________

Mama's note:
Fed her some hamster mix, fresh carrots and french beans. Carrot was her favourite.

My 1st fresh food

Weigh 85g, length 12.5cm approx. Female Syrian hamster
According to the hamster growth chart (or here), she is 5 weeks old.

A: The Syrian hamster was introduced to the scientific community around 1930. A mother hamster and her pups (babies) were found in the Syrian desert by a zoologist and brought back to Hebrew University in Jerusalem. They were bred and, due to their remarkable ability to have a litter of pups every month, and because they are so friendly and easy to handle, were used in labs all over the world as guinea pigs, er, I mean "test subjects". So you see, if an animal is friendly scientists have an easier time planting electrodes in it's brain. And if it has lots of babies scientists can make more "mistakes" as there is always a fresh batch on the way. Syrian hamsters were first brought to America in 1932 for laboratory research. At some point a scientist thought "Hey these guys are kind of cute before we dissect them" and the first very lucky hamster got to leave the laboratory in one piece. I smell a Disney movie. - Hamsterific




No comments:

Post a Comment